Major Achievements and milestones achived by DCISHRAE
- 1992 - ACREX 1992, National HVAC&R Exhibition, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
- 1993 - Major Technical Seminar by Thermax Ltd. At Hotel Maurya Sheraton, New Delhi. More than 200 participants.
- 1995 - ACREX 1995, International HVAC&R Exhibition, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
- 1996 - First International Technical Conference on ‘Ozone and Global Warming’, Park Hotel, New Delhi.
- First ISHRAE Night
- Concept of Sustenance Fee introduced to improve the financial health of the Chapter.
- 1998 - Comfex 1998, A Regional HVAC&R Exhibition, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. Delhi Chapter Indian Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers 2000
- ACREX 2000, International HVAC&R Exhibition, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
- Chandigarh Sub-Chapter formed
- Formation of IERF (ISHRAE Education and Research Foundation)
- 2001 - ACRECONF’ 2001 : A Three Day International Technical Conference on Emerging Trends in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration
- 2002 - Disconf’ 2002 : An International Technical Conference
- 2003 - ACRECONF’ 2003 : A Three Day International Technical Conference
- 2004 - A One Day International Technical Conference as part of ASHRAE Region At Large Annual Regional Conference.
- Most successful membership promotion : DCI enrolls more than 100 members
- DCI organizes the highest number of technical seminars and workshops
- ISHRAE Night revived after a gap of two years
- 2005 - DCI launches ACREX India 2006
- DCI takes the lead in developing and implementing a nation wide Uniform Fee Structure for ISHRAE membership
- IERF expands its wings, takes a separate full time secretariat and launches the first 6 Month Job Oriented Advanced Diploma in HVAC&R
- 2006 - ACREX India 2006, the South Asia’s Largest International Exposition on Air-Conditioning Refrigeration and Building Services, starts at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi on 18 Feb. 2006.
- International Technical Conference on ‘Emerging Trends in Cold Chain Development, Green Buildings, Equipments, Standardization and Certification’ Feb 19-21, 2006, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, to be held during ACREX India 2006
The history of the Delhi Chapter, and in fact of ISHRAE, will be incomplete without mentioning the contributions of two individuals. They are Dr. P.C. Jain and Mr. M.M. Pande.
Dr. P.C. Jain , Chairman of Spectral Services Consultants and a founder member of ISHRAE , has been a leading light and a source of inspiration to ISHRAE. For the first ten years, when ISHRAE did not have its office, it was Dr. Jain who offered his office and residence for ISHRAE meetings. He has always volunteered his services and advise whenever ISHRAE needed him. He is the President Emeritus of ISHRAE.
Mr. M.M. Pande, also a founding member, is affectionately called the ‘Pitamah’ of ISHRAE. He is contributing his selfless services till date. He wrote the constitution of ISHRAE and has guided its member’s at all important events and functions. He has been honoured as the President Emeritus of both the Delhi Chapter and ISHRAE.